ID Photo Submission
Please upload your photo at least 72 hours prior to attending your scheduled orientation. All photo submission status notifications will be delivered to your "valdosta.edu" email account (approvals, rejections, etc.). If your photo submission is rejected, you will not receive an ID at orientation.
If you are unsure of your MyVSU account information or need to reset your password, please visit the MyVSU Password Reset Utility.
Your initial VSU 1Card is free-of-charge; a $20.00 fee will be charged for all replacements.
Two (2) forms of identification are required in order to obtain a VSU 1Card. The first must be a government-issued photo ID- driver's license, passport, military ID, or state-issued identification card; the second must be something with your name pre-printed on it (credit/debit card, insurance card, pay stub, etc.).
The VSU 1Card photo is used at on-campus/off-campus locations to identify the cardholder as the person to whom plans, privileges, access, and accounts have been assigned. If you cannot be clearly identified by the photo on your 1Card, services may be denied.
Please read the following and then submit a photo using the link at the bottom of the page:
Helpful Hints for Successful Photo Submission
- You must be facing forward with your head and shoulders clearly visible (driver's license/passport style)
- Everything except your head will be cropped-out of the photo
- Current, color photos only (JPEG file)
- Background must be solid, smooth, and light-colored (interior walls work best; no photos taken outdoors or in your car)
- Photo must be of you only- no pets, friends, props, etc.
- Do not use filters
- Do not use copyright photos (those made by a professional photographer, including proofs)
- Eyes must be open and completely visible
- No hats, sunglasses, hair accessories, headphones/earbuds/bluetooth devices, or other items that obscure the face or neck
- Natural or neutral expression/smile
Most Common Reasons Photos are Rejected
- Proximity- photo is taken from too far away or too close
- The photo shows more than the top of the shoulders to the top of the head
- Other people, objects, or pets visible in the photo
- Exposure - the photo is too light or too dark
- The background is not white or a light color
- The background is not solid (use a smooth, light-colored wall for best results)
- Writing and/or symbols on the photo (copyright/professional photo)
- You are wearing a hat, sunglasses, or any other accessories that obscure your face/head/neck
- A filter or digital effect was used
Example of an acceptable photo:
South Georgia State College Students
South Georgia College Students must visit the VSU 1Card office to have their picture taken and 1Card made in person.
- Please make sure that you have your VSU ID number (9-digit number that begins with 870)
- Two (2) forms of identification are required in order to obtain a VSU 1Card. The first must be a government-issued photo ID- driver's license, passport, military ID, or state-issued identification card; the second must be something with your name pre-printed on it (credit/debit card, insurance card, pay stub, etc.).
1205 N Patterson St.
University Center, Entrance 6 or 7
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698