Quick Facts about Odum's Labs
Lab Print Solution: How to print, scan to email, and copy
Follow the Code! - Lab Policies
Deep Freeze software is installed improving the reliability of lab computers, especially those in high-use areas and increasing the overall availability of working machines in the library. Deep Freeze is a piece of software that 'saves' the computer's configuration, settings, etc. Anyone can change the desktop, install/delete programs, change software configurations, etc., but on restart, the computer returns to the original settings. Save your work often!
Computer Lab Hours of Operation
Internet Café, 1st Floor
Monday-Thursday: Open 24 hours/day
Other Computer Labs
2nd Floor – Room 2633, GALILEO (Reference)
3rd Floor – Room 3250
Odum Library has over 200 computers available for use by VSU students, staff and faculty. iMacs are available in the Media Center along with other specialized software. For a complete list of computer labs available on campus, visit the Campus Computer Labs/Classrooms page.
Odum Library computers are operated in compliance with campus IT regulations. As with the rest of VSU, Odum Library computer access is controlled via Active Directory logon. Each VSU Student, Staff, and Faculty member has an Active Directory account, and must comply with all VSU Information Resources Acceptable Use Policy. REMEMBER: LOG OUT before you leave your computer.
Only VSU Students, Faculty, and Staff have access to Active Directory accounts.
Anyone without an Active Directory account will need to use the designated public machines, which are located on the 2nd Floor, outside of Room 2609. There are four public workstations available to the public. (Library Hours)
The computers in Odum Library contain the following software packages:
- Windows 10,
- Microsoft Office 2016 Suite
- SSH/FTP Client Secure Shell
- Adobe CC 2018 Master Suite
- IBM SPSS
- Second Life Viewer
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Second Life FirestormOS
- Kaltura CaptureSpace
- OBS Studio
- Laptops may be reserved and borrowed from the first floor Media Center.
- iMacs are available in the first floor Media Center
- Group Study Rooms (1100 and 1110) are equipped with workstations.
- Remember this is a library -- audio headset use is a must. Each computer has a sound card and available headset jack. While audio headsets may be checked-out at both Circulation desks, users are certainly encouraged to utilize their own audio headsets. (Library Noise Policy)
- Adaptive technology for students with disabilities is available in room 1060. Two bi-level computer workstations on height adjustable tables that accommodate wheelchair access are located in the library, one in the first floor Internet Café and another on second floor across from the IT Helpdesk. (More Library Resource Information for Students with Disabilities)
- Temporary installation of software as required to complete class assignments is permitted on the workstations located in the 2nd and 3rd floor labs. For assistance, contact Library Automation (firstname.lastname@example.org or 333-5868.).
- Loading New Software: All software must be loaded by the Library Automation Staff. Faculty may contact email@example.com or use software installation request form, providing proof of licensing and master copies of the software. It is recommended that you allow at least two full business weeks in advance, because of the testing and loading that accompanies the loading of any new software. Although rare sometimes software cannot be loaded because it causes conflict with the campus standard application suite.
Other Helpful Links
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- New Media Center
- Student Fax
- Administrative Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
The Odum Library is a Federal Depository Library.