Obtaining a 1Card
The VSU 1Card is an official Georgia State Identification Card and as such, is governed under State of Georgia and Homeland Security regulations. Initial AND replacement cards require identity verification, which can only be done in-person at VSU 1Card Services. To obtain a VSU 1Card, you must:
- Be registered for classes
- Present two (2) forms of identification; the first form of identification must be a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, military ID, or passport) and the second form can be anything with your name pre-printed on it (insurance card, debit card, pay stub)
Additional Information About Obtaining a VSU 1Card
- New students receive their VSU 1Card during their scheduled orientation session if they have submitted an acceptable photo online using the ID Photo Guidelines (the photo should be submitted NO LATER THAN 72 hours before your scheduled session)
- All other students and employees must visit our office in-person during normal business hours (including South Georgia State College students) with two forms of identification
- New employees must first visit the VSU Human Resources Department to obtain the proper forms upon initial employment
- Everyone is required to pay the current replacement fee for each additional card made. Accepted payment method is FLEX.
- Interdepartmental Replacements for VSU Employees: if a supervisor agrees to pay the replacement fee for an employee, please present a completed Interdepartmental ID Replacement Form, with all required approvals and account information. This process is completed in-person at the VSU 1Card office; two (2) forms of ID are required (if all fields on the form are not completed correctly, the employee replacement card will not be produced)
- The VSU 1Card is the property of Valdosta State University and can only be used by the person to whom the card is issued (non-transferable)
- The VSU 1Card will be confiscated if presented by anyone other than the cardholder
Students who are registered for online-only courses are not required to have a VSU 1Card.
Should an online-only student elect to receive a photo 1Card, the student must visit the 1Card Services office in-person during normal business hours to have a photo taken/card printed, and the current card fee will apply. Two (2) forms of ID are required in order to obtain a new or replacement VSU 1Card (see section above for details).
Online-only students who are unable to visit the VSU 1Card Services office during normal business hours must email us using the Contact Us form.