VSU Courses in GoVIEW
GoVIEW is the University System of Georgia collaborative online course system, and is a complement to BlazeVIEW, the online course system at Valdosta State University. Since GoVIEW is operated as a collaborative, you may be enrolled in course sections along with students from other institutions in the University System of Georgia. As an online student at VSU, you may be taking some online courses that are hosted on GoVIEW, and others that are hosted on BlazeVIEW depending on your online degree major and your level of progress in the program.
GoVIEW and Course Access
Your GoVIEW account will be created within 24 hours following your registration in a GoVIEW Course. To access GoVIEW, using the search function in the upper right corner of your screen on any VSU page, including MyVSU, search for GoVIEW. In the list of results, select VSU Courses in GoVIEW, which will bring you to this page. Once here, click the green Login to GoVIEW button above.
Please remember you will not have access to your courses until the first day of class, and your course access will end approximately 60 days after the end of the course. Be sure to download and save any information you may need later before your course access ends.
Logging in to GoVIEW
- Your GoVIEW username is the first part of your VSU e-mail address (before @valdosta.edu), followed by _vsu. (Example: VSU email address email@example.com will have the GoVIEW username: jadoe_vsu.)
The first time you log in to GoVIEW, follow these steps.
- Click "Forgot Password" on the login screen and enter your username on the screen that opens. Do not enter your email address.
- A password link will be sent to your valdosta.edu email address. The email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see this email in your inbox, please check your junk folder as well.
- If you do not receive the 'donotreply' password link email within 24 hours, contact the eCore Helpdesk at 678-839-5300, 1-855-933-2673 or email@example.com.
The video below will guide you through the steps for setting up your GoVIEW login. Please note: VSU students need to reset the password as demonstrated in the second half of the video.
GoVIEW Password Security
Your GoVIEW password expires every 180 days. You will receive a password reset reminder to your email of record 10 days in advance of the password change date.
- The previous 4 passwords cannot be reused
- Password must be at least 10 characters long
- Password cannot contain username, first name, middle name, last name, or org defined id.
- Password must contain characters from at least 2 of the following categories:
- Lowercase letters from European languages.
- Uppercase letters from European languages.
- Base 10 digits.
- Nonalphanumeric characters, e.g. !, @, #, $, etc.
For Students: After your account has been created, you will have access to the VSU D2L Student Tutorial CO course. Use this area to become familiar with VSU GoVIEW Support (Center for eLearning and IT Helpdesk) and GoVIEW courses.
For Instructors: After your account has been created, you will have access to the VSU D2L Brightspace Instructor Tutorial CO course. Use this area to become familiar with VSU GoVIEW Support (Center for eLearning and IT Helpdesk) and building and facilitating GoVIEW courses.
- How to Copy Content from GoVIEW Course Offerings
- Entering Attendance Verification in INGRESS
- Entering Final Grades in INGRESS
VSU Center for eLearning
For the latest update or to catch up on any updates you might have missed, please visit our What's New with D2L? page.
If you would like one-on-one assistance, please contact an eLearning staff member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brightspace by D2L Help Center
Brightspace by D2L also has a Help Center that is available to students and faculty 24/7, 365 days a year for technical support.