BFA Mass Media
Students in our Mass Media program have the opportunity to develop their skills within our Bachelor of Fine Arts program. The program is designed to provide you with the basic skills needed to work with media and training in how to deploy those assets via different channels including broadcasting (television and cable), social media, the Internet, and organizational networks.
Students have the option of emphasizing broadcast journalism or sports broadcasting via our certificate programs. You also have the option of completing the program in three or four years.
As a major in the Mass Media program you will:
- develop critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and planning.
- plan and design messages for multiple channels
- work with deadlines.
- shoot images, record sound, and edit stories.
- learn storytelling and narrative.
- learn the writing, performance, production and editing skills for production work required in the modern media industries.
Employment opportunities for Mass Media graduates include:
- Media Relations Specialist/manager
- Social Media Content Creator
- Social Media Manager
- Account Executive Media Sales
- Floor Director
- Media Buyer
- On-air Talent
- Digital Media Producer