Welcome BLAZERS! Learn how to set-up and access your VSU accounts.
Connect your devices to VSU's fast and expansive wireless network.
VSU Division of Information Technology
Business Intelligence, Instructional Technology, Information Systems, Security, Networking, and Client Support
Technology Services & Resources
Solutions Center Hours for 11/22/17 is 8a-5:30p; Closed 11/23-11/24.
Contact VSU Solutions Center
Walk-in: Odum Library, 2nd Floor
Phone: 229-245-HELP (4357)
Email email@example.com: The email must originate from your @valdosta.edu account
Submit a Service Request: Create and track requests for technology assistance
Normal Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Thursday: 8 am to 9 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Saturday: 12 pm to 5 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm to 7 pm
IT Services Scheduled Maintenances & Notices
11.12.17 NOTICE UPDATE: The scheduled maintenance has been completed.
11.10.17 NOTICE: A scheduled network maintenance will be performed on Saturday, November 11, 2017, at 11PM. For approximately 20 minutes, VSU-owned computing equipment will not have network access. We do not expect any impacts to the residential and wireless network.
11.1.17 NOTICE UPDATE: The scheduled Banner maintenance has been completed. All services including online payment systems are now available.
10.30.17 NOTICE: Beginning 10:00 pm until midnight, Tuesday, October 31, 2017, the Banner and online payment systems will be down and inaccessible due to month-end processing. Services will be restored as soon as these processes have been completed.
10.26.17 NOTICE UPDATE: At 8:58pm, the announced reboot of the Banner system was completed and services restored.
10.26.17 NOTICE UPDATE: Beginning approximately at 8pm tonight, October 26, a reboot of the Banner system will be performed. During that time, all services related to Banner including Banner Web Self-Service, Banner Forms, and online payment systems (Touchnet) will be inaccessible. We anticipate services to be restored in approximately 45 minutes.
10.26.17 NOTICE: We are currently experiencing slow connectivity and/or limited functionality in Banner. We are investigating the issue and will keep you updated.
10.3.17 NOTICE UPDATE: The scheduled maintenance on departmental shared drives (V: drive) has been completed. Again, it is recommended that users restart their computers before attempting to access the drive.
10.3.17 NOTICE: In order to perform important maintenance on departmental shared drives (V: drive), we have scheduled a brief maintenance window for 6 PM, after offices close for today. We expect service to be restored in around 30 minutes. Following the maintenance, we would recommend for users to restart their computers in order establish a fresh connection.
10.1.17 NOTICE UPDATE: Banner maintenance has been completed. Services including online payment systems are now available.
9.27.17 NOTICE: Beginning 9:00 pm, Friday, September 29, until 7:00 am, Sunday, October 1, 2017, the Banner and online payment systems will be down and inaccessible due to month-end processing and system upgrade. Services will be restored as soon as these processes have been completed.
All Students & Employees
- File Sharing and Storage: Documents folder, Network drive (V:) OneDrive, Filelocker
- Guides and Resources: How-to-guides and video tutorials
- Information Security: CyberSecurity, Remote desktop
- Microsoft Office 365: Email, OneDrive, MS web apps, and free Office Suite
- Resident Students Only Move-in Survey: Tell us about your move-in experience using VSU technologies
- V-State Mobile App: Download the official app for Valdosta State University
- VSU WiFi: Connect to the campus wireless network or shuttle bus wireless network
Employees Only & *Student Organizations
Cascade Web: University web editing tool for departmental web pages
- Procurement Support: University technology purchases guides, Licenses, Forms
- Remote Desktop: Control your office computer from home
- Success Portal: Interactive dashboards, student profiles and messaging tools for student advisement and notifications
Telecommunications: Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone services and Jabber Instant Messenger
EMPLOYEES ONLY & STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Organizational Print Accounts: Used primarily for official student organizations to share a pool of print credits. This form can also be used for grants.
Smart Classrooms: Tutorial on using instructor classroom workstation equipment
WordPress: A supplemental web-designing tool used to create websites and blogs
Announcements & Media
- Benjamin Li, Solutions Center manager, earned the distinctive 2017 Presidential Excellence Award for Service: Classified Staff. The award is designed to recognize staff members who exhibit high standards of service and exemplary and innovative job performance. Ben is certainly well deserving of this honor for the many efforts he has initiated or assisted with that has helped make IT an award-winning division.
- VSU Solutions Center: Brian Haugabrook, Chief Information Officer
Thinking outside of the 'IT box' brought about the inception of Valdosta State University Solutions Center.
- Ryan Hogan, Director of Admissions
Talks about how the Solutions Center has impacted perspective and current students.
The VSYou experience: Sterlin Sanders, Director of Technical Support Services
From a student to a leader who encourages staff and student techs to EAT!
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Employees Only
Helping to ensure your digital security
IT Job Postings
JOB POSTINGS:Student Assistants for IT Services may be stationed at the IT Helpdesk or IT Training and Communication. These positions are responsible for providing training, customer service, and technical support to the faculty, staff, and students of the university. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting clients, supporting the initiatives of the division and area supervisors, leading…
The university’s first-tier support center is the initial point of contact for assistance related to Admissions, Housing and Residence Life, Office of the Registrar, Advising, or Information Technology support. Student assistants in this area are responsible for providing answers and solutions via phone, email, and social media. Additional responsibilities include the development and maintenanc…
Assist with planning, designing, implementation, support and maintaining of the wired and wireless network communications of VSU Enterprise Campus Network. As an enterprise support resource, Network Services Engineers are expected to work as needed to reestablish network services, which may include after business hours and weekends.
The Student Assistant will primarily monitor computer use and equipment for the Music Lab (Fine Arts 264).
The Student Assistant will primarily monitor computer use and equipment for UC2003 (University Center Apple Lab) and UC2035 (PC Lab).
Connect with us:
Has an IT staff provided exceptional service to you? Submit an I Caught You Caring Card!
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am to 9 pm
Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 12 pm to 5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm to 7 pm